Electric and hybrid cars are fast becoming one of the most popular choices, especially for those with limited mobility who often use curved stairlifts due to their cheap and economical features and easy to use technology.
Electric and hybrid cars come with a plethora of benefits, but it can be difficult to know if they are the right car for you. This article goes into detail about the benefits and disadvantages of these types of cars, so you know a little more about them before making your final decision.
Electric and hybrid pros
- If you opt for a purely electric car they can run solely on electricity and do not require any other forms of fuel to allow them to run.
- Opting for electricity over petrol or diesel can save you a lot of money. Although it isn’t free, you will notice a large difference in your petrol bills.
- Electric and some hybrid cars need a lot less maintenance than petrol and diesel models as a lot of them do not require oils etc.
- Purchasing an electric car can mean you are liable to a rebate from your provincial government.
- Because hybrid vehicles run on a combination of electric and gas, they are much better for the environment and produce a lower amount of emissions.
- Electric and hybrid cars can be modified to suit a range of drivers with a range of needs.
Electric and hybrid cons
- Because hybrid vehicles use part gas, they are still bad for the environment compared to the full electric models.
- Hybrid and electric vehicles tend to cost a little more than petrol or diesel cars.
- Finding hybrid charging points on longer journeys can be difficult.
- The range of hybrid and electric cars can often be low, so charging is required more often than if you were to fill up with petrol or diesel.
If you are thinking of getting a hybrid or electric vehicle and don’t tend to travel long distances, they are the perfect option for you, but it is worth doing your research beforehand to make sure you are making the right choice before purchasing.
This news article is from Companion Stairlifts. Articles that appear on this website are for information purposes only.